What are Investments & Savings
People set aside money for several different reasons; some are saving for a comfortable retirement, some are saving for a holiday or future event, some are saving for their children’s education and others are saving to leave an estate for their beneficiaries or charities.
Why Peavoy Financial Planning?
At Peavoy Financial Planning we have a defined investment process we go through with our clients to give them a better understanding of the key areas of investments. Your investments and financial future are too important not to follow a structured process to help you reach your goals. We take you through these detailed steps to give you confidence in the plan which we will implement and we revisit the plan regularly to make sure it meets your current and future needs.
We believe having a sound investment process is the cornerstone to successful investing. We do not chase returns or the latest investment fad. We have a systematic approach to get you where you want to be instead of just “guessing” or “hot fund picking”.
This approach revolves around the following key steps:
- We determine your goals as they are unique to you
- We take you through a detailed fact-finding process to build a complete picture of your situation
- We then go through some principles of investing to help you understand what investing is all about
- We balance risk and return and ensure you are comfortable with the portfolio we put together for you.
- We propose a diversified tailored plan built around your needs
- We monitor & re-balance the plan as we go forward to make sure the plan is still suitable to your needs as circumstances may change.
It is impossible to put a plan in place if you only have one piece of a puzzle, therefore let us review where you are today. The following questions will help you and us to better understand your situation
- What type of investor are you?
- Do you have an existing investment plan in place today to reach your goals?
- Are you following the plan?
- Are your investments doing what you expect them to be doing?
- How often do you review this plan?
- Are you on target to meet the goals you set?
- Are you satisfied with the service you are currently get from your advisor?
Some of the potential items we look at when reviewing your portfolio are
- Where you are today
- Where you want to go
- Whether your current portfolio matches your risk tolerance
- Are you overweight or underweight in certain asset classes?
- What level of downside protection have you in place
- Do you have an appropriate amount of liquidity depending on your needs?
A plan that is built for you will give you the confidence to know that you can achieve your goals and it will also show you how you can do it. It should make sense, fit with where you see yourself today and, in the future,